Tuesday, May 28, 2013

M. C. Escher 2-point Perspective

To create this image I had to select where to place my horizon line. I placed it about 1/4 up the page. I started with a plain rectangle building. Slowly, I added features such as the windows and doors. At first I had no idea what my picture would turn out to be, I had not planned at all. I came up with the idea for the prison while watching Walking Dead. I figured a prison would be a simple enough building because it was just one large shape without a roof. The fence was difficult, I had to find a way to keep the wires in perspective using my view points and went through a lot of trial and error. The bricks were quite simple, but also tedious. I had to match up each line of bricks with the view point on each side of the image. The zombies and TARDIS (from Doctor Who) are meant to be the imaginative creatures we could put into our drawings.

No comments:

Post a Comment