Friday, November 15, 2013

Nontraditional Portrait

I chose to do my portrait on 3 of my friends from theatre, obvioulsy I didn't get to the other 2. This is Danny Martin. He's a good friend of mine, and I was going to do a series of sheet music, play script, and sheet music again as backgrounds for my pictures. Danny was the perfect person to use because he is very involved in chorus and theatre. I was contemplating using costume fabric, sewing stuff, play posters, pictures of the casts and chorus classes and other such objects, but I wanted to use materials that represented my subject specifically, so I chose the sheet music of 2 songs that he said he liked best. I wanted to be able to see the sheet music under the picture of Danny, so I needed to find something that was tranparent. He looked confused in the picture I took of him so I used blues and greens to show contrast but still stick with a color scheme.I think the product is a great example of what I was trying to show of Danny.

No comments:

Post a Comment